| (printer friendly)
REALLY good with homemade bacon
4 tablespoons soft butter, creamed with wooden spoon until soft & fluffy
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
8 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch strips
1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt to taste
freshly ground pepper
8oz (dry weight) spaghetti
1 teaspoons salt
6-8 quarts water
1. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolks until well blended, stir in 1/2 the Parmesan. Set aside for later.
2. Heat large ovenproof serving dish in a 200 degree oven.
3. Boil water & teaspoon of salt and cook spaghetti according to package instructions.
4. While pasta is cooking, fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Pour off about 1/2 of the grease, then stir in red pepper flakes and cream. Bring to a simmer and keep warm until pasta is done.
5. When spaghetti is done, drain it thoroughly and transfer to the pre-heated serving dish. Stir in creamed butter and toss to coat. Then stir in bacon-cream sauce, then finally the egg & cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly.
6. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan.