| (printer friendly)
The trick to this cake is to use really good quality chocolate and not bake it too long!
10 ounces good bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened), chopped
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
5 large eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
5 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a 10" springform pan.
2. Stir chocolate and butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
3. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl until well blended and beginning to thicken. Sift flour and baking powder over eggs and fold in.
4. Gradually fold in chocolate mixture. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
5. Bake cake 20 minutes. Cover pan with foil. Bake until tester inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs still attached, about 30 minutes longer (don't overbake). Uncover cake and cool in pan on rack - cake will fall as it cools. Sift powdered sugar over the top.
6. Serve with really good whipped cream and raspberries.