| (printer friendly)
1 cup cooked grains, like farro or wheat berries
3 zucchini (try to find ones that are straight as possible)
1-2 nectarines, sliced into wedges
6 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
2 cups arugula
2 Tablespoon mint, julienned
1 shallot, minced
1 Tablespoon white balsamic (or any good, light colored vinegar)
1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon honey
dash of Aromet seasoning or salt & pepper
4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Make it a full meal and add protein; salt & pepper 2-3 chicken breasts, then sauté or grilled them and cut into strips or cubes.
- Make it a panzanella and substitute the farro with bread; take a good loaf of bread and cut into 1 inch slices and brush both sides with olive oil and salt. Grill or bake until crispy, then cut into 1 inch cubes. Add to salad right before dressing.
1. Whisk first five dressing ingredients together then slowly add the oil while continuously whisking until emulsified. Dressing can be make several days in advance and refrigerated.
2. Use a spriralizer to turn the zucchini into noodles OR use a vegetable peeler to shave the zucchini into long ribbons, discarding seeded center. These can be cut several hours ahead, just cover and refrigerate them.
3. Gently toss the grains (or bread), zucchini, nectarines, mozzarella, arugula, mint and desired amount of dressing together to mix.