| (printer friendly)
3 Tablespoons duck fat
1/3 cup white popcorn kernels
pinch of superfine sea salt to taste
1. Heat the duck fat (can be frozen) in a 4-quart pot on high heat.
2. Put 3 popcorn kernels into the pot and cover.
3. When all 3 kernels pop, add the rest of the popcorn. Cover, remove from heat and count 30 seconds.
4. Return the pot to the heat. Gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner. Try to keep the lid slightly ajar to let the steam from the popcorn release (the popcorn will be drier and crisper). Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat, remove the lid, and dump the popcorn immediately into a bowl.
5. Salt to taste and shake to distribute.