| (printer friendly)
1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 tablespoon hot chili paste
1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons coconut milk
1 teaspoon brown sugar
pandan leaves, fresh or frozen
1. Soak wooden skewers in water.
2. Trim fat from chicken and cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
3. Combine chili paste, ginger, shallots, fish sauce, coconut milk and sugar in a bowl or large ziplock bag. Add the chicken and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (or longer, if desired).
4. Pre-heat grill (or broiler).
5. Skewer chicken pieces and wrap pandan leaf loosely around the chicken and secure to skewer. Once all the chicken is skewered, place on a hot grill (or under broiler) for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked through.