| (printer friendly)
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
finely grated zest of one orange
2/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour baking sheet.
2. In bowl mix all dry ingredients. Mix all wet ingredients together and then add to dry ingredients. Mix well and then add orange zest and nuts.
3. On floured board shape dough into 1" x 2.5" x 8" flattened loaf. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until lightly colored.
4. Remove from pan and cool slightly on rack. Cut loaf into 1/2" slices on the diagonal. Put back on baking sheet cut side down. Bake another 15 minutes.
5. Let cool completely on rack. Biscotti will keep for several weeks in airtight container.