| (printer friendly)
This recipe was kindly given to me by Robert; this is his Grandmother's recipe for her delicious crisp. The recipe calls for apples, but it's great with any kind of seasonal fruit.
Washington Granny Smith apples (or other fruit)
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Slice apples (or other fruit) and layer into a pie dish or square baking pan.
3. Blend together the flour, 1 cup of sugar and baking powder. Add the egg and combine again. The mixture should be crumbly.
4. Spread mixture on top of apples. Melt butter and pour on top.
5. Mix together the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the crumble.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.