| (printer friendly)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Scharffen Berger natural unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Scharffen Berger cacao nibs
1. Sift the flour and cocoa into a small bowl, then add the coarse salt.
2. Beat butter on medium speed for 3-5 minutes until fluffy. Add sugar and cacao nibs and continue to beat until very light in color, about 2 minutes more. Add the flour and cocoa mixture and combine on low speed, until flour is just incorporated and dough sticks together when squeezed with fingers.
3. On a sheet of wax paper, pat and form the dough into a log about 12-14 inches long and 1-1.5 inches in diameter. If you want a square or rectangular cookie rather than round, flatten each side of the log as you roll it up in the wax paper. Chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Remove the wax paper from the dough and slice the log into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lay cookies onto lined baking sheets.
5. Bake until firm, 17-20 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks. Can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 4 weeks.