| (printer friendly)
1 pound salmon fillet, skin attached
4 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons sake
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon of ginger juice * (see note)
2 tablespoons soy
1 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon sake
1. Put salmon fillet in a colander and pour the boiling water over it. Let the salmon drain well, then cut into one inch cubes (leaving skin attached).
2. Mix marinade ingredients together and marinate salmon for at least 30 minutes.
3. Place salmon and marinade in a sauté pan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until salmon is cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated. The salmon usually breaks down and becomes slightly shredded.
4. While salmon is cooking, make the sauce by reducing sauce ingredients over high heat until slightly syrupy (watch carefully).
5. Serve salmon over rice (brown rice is the best) and top with sauce.
* NOTE: To make ginger juice, grate a one inch piece of ginger root and squeeze it through cheese cloth.