| (printer friendly)
Really good served over soft polenta.
2-3 lbs. chicken thighs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup very finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup very finely chopped celery
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and lightly mashed with the handle of a knife
4 bay leaves
1 cup dry white wine
1. Wash chicken pieces in cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
2. Put olive oil and onion in a large saute pan on med-high heat and cook, stirring frequently until onion becomes a light gold.
3. Add parsley, celery and garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
4. Add chicken pieces, skin side down. Brown well, then turn and brown other side.
5. Add bay leaves, salt and lots of pepper.
6. Mix gently, turning over chicken pieces.
7. Add white wine, scrape loose any browning residue stuck to the pan (use a wooden spoon). Once wine has evaporated, put a lid on pan and turn heat to very low.
8. Turn pieces from time to time, adding more water or wine if necessary. Cook until meat comes away from the bone--about 45 minutes.
9. Serve immediately OR cool chicken while in the juices, then shred meat and mix with leftover pan juices and serve over soft polenta!