Wednesday, December 7th, 2005

2005 Food Blog Awards

The moment we’ve all been waiting for… The 2005 Food Blog Awards!

Nominations are now open and you have until Friday to nominate your favorite food blogs (your own or someone else’s). Go do it now at:

Technorati Tags:

12 Responses to “2005 Food Blog Awards”

1. I’m just waiting for a category like “Best Use of Kelp, Shampoo and Bacon Bits in an Entrée.” I’d be all over that.

That would be funny to have crazy, esoteric categories like that. But who would win the kelp/bacon/shampoo one?

3. I’d definitely submit something for it. And I’d win, just because I wanted it so badly.

Or if I could enter the “Worst Kitchen Cut in a Drunken Frenzy” award. Now that would mean something…

Ha ha! Now you’re on to something—but I bet there would be stiff competition. I’ve had several bad, drunken cooking cuts, but probably even more burns…

5. Okay, I’m done trolling here. For now. :-) I finally got around to putting up my own post about it.

That’s great. I love the “Most Inept Bungling of the most Expensive Ingredients” category. That’s sooo true sometimes.

7. And WD-40 comes in handy when you’re out of PAM®!

8. Paul Brown says:

I would like to nominate myself for “Worst Kitchen Cut in a Drunken Frenzy”. I was making french fries with a V-Slicer without the shield. I had six razor cuts on the palm of my hand. Ouch!

OUCH! That must have hurt bad… I’m cringing at just the thought. Okay, you’re winning the contest so far.

10. bill says:

I nick myself every so often with my very, very sharp Hatori Hanzo santoku and I don’t even know it’s happening until I get lemon juice in the cut.

But for real adventure, try fire: http://12tutufondue.blogspot.com/2005/01/lightly-toasted.html

Okay Bill, that’s hilarious! Definitely the front-runner for kitchen disasters!