Friday, July 1st, 2005

Utensibility

I almost totally forgot about this. Luckily I was reading Arthur’s “Cook Next Door” post, which reminded me of how much I’ve always wanted a Hot Diggity Dogger.

Unless I’m totally broke, when I get gift money I try and spend it on something that I wouldn’t normally buy. Never anything too practical or something that I’d be willing to save up and buy. So, Sam, here are a few suggestions:

1. Hot Diggity Dogger
2. Doufeu
3. Thermapen
4. Waffle Stick Maker

10 Responses to “Utensibility”

1. sam says:

1# Good for a laugh but no way!
    2# maybe but it have a marmite which is the same thing without the ice capacity. certainly interesting idea.
    #3 Now that looks very interesting.
    #4 I guess they’d be good for a diet?

do you have any of these things? If you have a Hot Diggety DOgger then I expect a full illustrated post with photos and all!

Look for the round up next week sometime!

thanks for the ideas

Sam

2. Eddie Lin says:

I love all that crap…but I already have too much crap. Most of which is in the garage rotting. Bye!

Hi Sam, No I actually don’t own any of those things, but I’d like to! Can’t wait to hear about all the ideas you received!

Megan

Eddie, One can never own too much cooking equipment!

5. cindy says:

megan, i have an octodog (http://www.octodog.net) which i would be willing to let go for a bargain price. ;) that is, if you don’t already have one…

Cindy, I don’t have an octodog, but Zach does, so I get to use it once in awhile.

However, if you have a spare Hot Diggity Dogger for sale, I’ll totally buy it off you!

7. Conny says:

Hello! Found you through seattlest-which I LOVE, btw. My husband got me a thermapen for Valentine’s day. It’s red (awwww). At first I was a bit put off-how romantic is an $80 thermometer-but now I realize it is the greatest thing ever. Super fast and accurate and we use it all the time. I even used it to take his temperature when he had a fever. It’s something I would never buy for myself given the price tag, but I’m so glad to have it!

Hi Conny,
    Glad you love Seattlest! I do too.
    That’s a really funny and cute story. I love gifts like that, that sneak up and surprise you after the fact. I hope to own one someday, but like yourself, I probably won’t shell out the money. Or would I?

P.S. Your peach pie looks delectable!

9. Brittany says:

Hey there folks!
    Just figured I’d write a quick note to let you know that the ‘Hot Diggity Dogger’ is the best appliance in the whole world! It cooks them perfectly! My mom is a fan of As Seen On TV stores…she picked one up for me and I was skeptical at first…they’re awesome! I’m trying to find two more for some friends for Christmas…highly recommend them for anyone who is sick of boiled/microwaved weiners!
    Have a good one!

Thanks Brittany,
    I purchased one a while ago and I love it as well. My only complaint is that it’s a little bulky, but it does make the perfect hot dog!