Wednesday, June 1st, 2005

Hell’s Kitchen

I watched Hell’s Kitchen last night and I came away with two things:

1. Gordon Ramsay is an ass.
2. Fox needs to get better programming directors.

10 Responses to “Hell’s Kitchen”

1. Jennifer says:

Isn’t this the dumbest show ever? I thought it had so much promise, but I was disgusted about five minutes in. Hmmm…put non chefs in the kitchen and expect perfection? How stupid is that?

I so agree! I was really excited for the show, but oh so disappointed. But, I did like the fact that the mom did better than most with her turkey tacos…

3. melissa says:

Oh dear, I’m so sorry you’re being subjected to this. The first time this aired in the UK it managed to have some kind of perverse hold on me, but once I found myself spontaneously swearing every time I stepped into the kitchen, I figured enough was enough. Actually now they’re even expanding it here, airing it with different chefs besides Gordon, but I must say that without all the insults and expletives it’s just a bad show!

Thanks for the condolences Melissa. Some things just don’t translate well across the pond. Swearing can be fun, but Mr. Ramsay is just awful!

5. Keiko says:

Hi Megwoo – although I still kind of like him, the show was awful, I didn’t even finish the first episode (ITV is very good at making crappy programmes). Channel 4 is showing another Ramsay programme called Kitchen Nightmares – he tries to rescue restaurants that are in trouble running it, it’s more fun to watch than HK.

6. Lenn says:

I find myself curiously addicted to his ass-ness. He’s just SO over the top…it amuses me.

Okay Lenn,
    Don’t tell anyone… but I’ve been watching Hell’s Kitchen every week and now I’m totally addicted as well. Plus I saw G.R. on a different BBC show and he seemed like a decent guy. I’m blaming the ass-y-ness on FOX editing…

Keiko,
    Yeah, that’s the show I just watched… it’s much better!

9. Lenn says:

You mean Fox is editing something to make it look more “raw” and controversial? :)